vendredi 12 mars 2010

Oestrich - Hong Kong


I am in Hong Kong! Here it is 8am and I am waiting for my flight at 12.25 to Taiwan. The temperature is 18 degrees and there is a lot of fog. Everything is fine. Here are some notes I gathered about my day.


Friday morning:


Long long day to come. Due to time zones, I won’t sleep in the next 2 days. The plan is to take off at 13.50 at Frankfurt to arrive at about 7.30 at Hong Kong and then take a plane at 12.25 to Taipei. I should arrive there at 14.00 on Saturday.


6.30. Wake up at Oestrich. I don’t want to hurry and have time to check everything before leaving


7.48 Take the train at Oestrich.


9.00 I am at the Frankfurt Aiport. Still very early for the flight at 13.50. It ‘s time to keep goods habits: go to mac donald to kill time and drink a nice coffee.


10.15 Check in.


13.40 I am heading to the plane. Before entering the plane, I step back and look at the steward. This is time to ask the most stupid question for ages:

“- hmm, that flight is to Hong Kong, right?

The black guy laughs and answers in an american accent:

- That’s to Hong Kong.”

I feel ridiculous but I had to be sure of myself, HAHA.


13.45 I take my place on the plane.


13.47 I go to the toilets, but I don’t think anybody cares about that :)


13.50 I found new friends: my neighbors. They are a german 60-years-old couple flying to Vietnam through HK for a 2 weeks vacation.


14.00 The waitresses have presents for us!!! Each of the passengers receives earphones (Great, mine are broken!) and … a pair of socks. WHAAAATTTT? I ask my neighbors, and they say I have to wear it on my head to play the terrorist. This answer doesn’t satisfy me that much, so I ask to the crew. They say that while flying, we need to take away our shoes and wear these socks. Around me, nobody seems surprised. At least, I found free socks !


14.10 Take off. Goodbye Germany!!!


14.40 Time to check the electronic package of the flight. Waooh!! One of the first time I see so many digital data on one plane. I have a choice between more than 300 movies and most of them are quite recent, 888 CDs 350 television shows, 70 video games. I would like to download it all. I choose Twilight - New moon, but almost get asleep after 5 minutes. Back to the good old shit: Inglorious Basterds.


16.25. The moving map says I am on top of Moscow. Am I taking the right plane? I hope the pilots didn’t abuse on alcohool. Come on, go south!!


16.30. Looking for some music on the plane. I choose the section “European”. And here is what I find: Christophe Maé, Christophe Willem, Eisblume, Silbermond, Polarkreis 18 and Johnny Halliday. I 'd rather listen to the last Bollywood’s Soundtrack.


17.00 Trying to get some sleep but it doesn't work out. Instead I focus on taking advantage of all the movies available on the plane. Now my problem is not anymore what I can do during 10 hours, but how I can watch all that movies in "only" 10 hours. Until the end of the Flight, I am going to watch some parts of Tropic Thunder, American Beauty, Up in the air, Le Prophète.


at about 00.30 (Europe) or 7.30 (Hong Kong): I land in Hong Kong. The Hong Kong airport is made so that our plane lands in 50 meter from the sea. First time I sea the Pacific ocean.


7.50. I am queueing at the immigration service when I see someone with ... an IESEG shirt. I ask the Filipino guy why he has the shirt and he answers that her daughter was at the IESEG. This is really not a normal day!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire