jeudi 11 mars 2010

The Beginning



In a hurry to pack my luggages this morning, I found that brilliant idea of writing a blog. So that people I care about will be able to read it and have some news of my crazy next week on the Asian continent.

Lying on my bed, it 's quite a weird feeling to think that I'll find myself on the other side of the planet the day after. Actually, I don't really realize what is going to happen. I don't have a clue of what my next week will be made of, except that everybody who took part in the MUN told me it's awesome (or even better). My mission, I accepted it, for the next week is to take part at the MUN in Taipei and then visit my friends in HK.

What is hiding behind the letters MUN is "Modelisation of United Nations". It means that students from all over the world gather in one special place to (get dunk) and especially make a simulation of the UN. The entire process is organized by Harvard students. Each team, constitued of students of one University, have the task of representing one country. For my part, I 'll be representing South Africa, along with the EBS people. Then, delegates are separated into several commitees or Assemblies such as the International Monetary Fund, World Health Organization, World Trade Organization, and debate about classical UN topics. I'll be representing the South African committee of UNHRC, aka Human Rights Council. Then comes the social and fun part: parties, touring in taipei, discovering the country.
When the job will be done, I'll fly to HK from Friday to Sunday to visit my old exchange students buddies. It is such an exitement for me to see you all back one year later in your country. Grace, Rita, Jackson, I hope you are gonna live 3 crazy days with me on the Asian continent, as we used to do in Germany.

Now I'm feeling quite mixed. On the one hand, I am stressed, afraid that the logistic part, for which I am responsible for the whole team, doesn't work. One train missed, one broken alarm will keep my 20th birthday's within the vineyards of Oestrich-Winkel. Also, the MUN part is worrying. For once, I have to go beyond my shyness, in order to take the best out of this amazing experience. On the other hand, I like so much traveling, taking the plane and discovering new things that I know I am going to have one of the best times of my life.


Next stop: Taipei. If there is no problem, I'll be there on Saturday afternoon.


I'll try to write on that blog as soon as I'll be able to.

2 commentaires:

  1. awesome!!!
    wt a good idea to hv a blog on ur asian adventure!!!
    so looking forward to wt u will see in our land!
    and olivier! u can do it!! everything will work out well :) just be confident :)
    after ur awesome MUN, we're gonna hv loads of fun in HK!!! :D

    (Yoooo posting this comment proves me that i can actually read french!! :D)

    RépondreSupprimer